Friday 5 August 2016

21 weeks

so I may have overdone it today. Even I sat on a hospital bed in triage at 8 pm that night last week, receiving the orders from my OB not to walk farther than my mailbox/driveway, I told her that regardless, I still planned to attend my son's first field trip. I wasn't going to miss it.

It involved driving to the daycare, taking a school bus to the ferry docks, taking a ferry, and exploring Toronto Islands. My totally understanding and supportive partner took care of most of the handling of our son. I did the usual packing of diaper bag, appropriate clothing, snacks, water, etc. There was some waiting around and I sat on the floor if I had to. We arrived at the islands and I sat close to where we docked, and got some work done via my phone, despite the group exploring the island, going on rides, eating together, etc. My husband brought my son back to me so we could have lunch together, and then we just hung out on the shady grass for a short nap time. It was a beautiful day. But I "overdid it".

And sometimes I just think this is ridiculous. I must have had a short cervix last pregnancy. My OB says - who knows? Maybe I naturally have a shorter cervix and it won't risk complications. The feeling of being a walking, ticking time bomb wears off at times.

but then of course reality kicks in. It just isn't worth the risk. No more exceptions. .. at least for a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment